Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday at Ranchito Larapinta with Our New Little 'Gal'.


Gal is 7 weeks old today:
Bill and I took our little "Gal" out for a walk with the 'big' dogs today around the ranchito. 2 and a half acres of dog heaven. She was so curious! I was really thrilled to see that she likes to pick things up an carry them around. Gal found the cover of an old tennis ball and made a toy of it right away. really good sign of confidence and good socialization. Yea!


She is not shy with the big dogs, a little cautious though, which is good. She needs that to survive. Her father doesn't seem to have enough of the caution to keep himself safe, ha! Her mother is a little too cautious so I think she got the best of both her parents. This is one of the main reasons I picked her, besides the fact that she is drop dead gorgeous!!!
She is still staying with her siblings out in the kennel tonight. I'm not ready to start the pre-dawn mornings just yet! Maybe in a few weeks when her siblings have all gone to their new homes.
Happy Training Y'all!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I can remember there has been a special dog in my life. There have been times when the only thing I can remember about life is how it seemed in relation to my dog/s. I used to walk miles with my German Shepherd Dog, Princess, who my cousins found in a canyon in Southern California. I never knew how she would influence my life and through me the lives of others. I thank God for his gift and for my mentors at the Brevard County Dog Training Club and all the others who have influenced my life and encouraged me through dogs! Dogs are not my whole life but they are a very special part! I thank my family for encouraging me to persue this passion! I am a dog inthusiast who occasionally has a litter of dogs to place. I am not a professional breeder so we only have a few pups a year to place if any at all. Thanks for sharing interest in our dogs!

Followers