Monday, February 27, 2012

Gal's New Trick

Today Gal decided to show off and climb onto the rattan trunk out on our front porch. We got such a good kick out of it. There didn't seem to be any particular reason for it. I think she just likes to get up high. Maybe she's feeling a little small around here with all the big boys and humans. Anyway, I decided to take advantage of it and turn it into a trick that I could put on cue.

One of the most important things about trick doggin' is going with the flow. If a dog shows an natural tendency to do something it will be much easier and more fun for you and your dog if you can turn it into a trick. She also likes to 'sing' like her mother. I hope I will be able to capture that and put it on cue as well. Maybe someday she will be sitting on the trunk singing when she's asked to. What a sweetheart she is.

Check out a website I just discovered called domorewithyourdog.com. You can earn titles for your dog for doing tricks and a championship title for doing really difficult tricks. It is all done online and with the more advanced tricks you just have to document the tricks on video. Really fun. Do More With Your Dogs, I like that name!

Happy training!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As long as I can remember there has been a special dog in my life. There have been times when the only thing I can remember about life is how it seemed in relation to my dog/s. I used to walk miles with my German Shepherd Dog, Princess, who my cousins found in a canyon in Southern California. I never knew how she would influence my life and through me the lives of others. I thank God for his gift and for my mentors at the Brevard County Dog Training Club and all the others who have influenced my life and encouraged me through dogs! Dogs are not my whole life but they are a very special part! I thank my family for encouraging me to persue this passion! I am a dog inthusiast who occasionally has a litter of dogs to place. I am not a professional breeder so we only have a few pups a year to place if any at all. Thanks for sharing interest in our dogs!

Followers